Saturday, March 5, 2011

Update

Ok so the weekend has finally arrived and Im exhausted!! Our week runs from Tuesday to Saturday and so Sunday is really the day of rest. This morning I will be checking out a new church called Metro. Its a large church filled with mostly young people and as the name suggests and from what Im told, a very Metro-sexual gathering of people. Unfortunately none of my clothing will fit the bill so Ill have to go out and invest in a bright pink fluorescent shirt if I want to go back there after today.

This week was very good although the early part was a bit of a struggle for me. Last weekend was a scorcher and we went spear fishing. My pasty Irish skin could not take the extreme heat and I ended up very badly burnt. In fact I think I had second degree burns. I was told this by one of the staff who seemed to know what she was talking about. It was pretty disgusting actually because my skin all started to bubble and I looked like some sort of mutant. Anyway its not too bad anymore, just a few scars on my arms and hopefully they will soon disappear.

We do outreach in Surfers every Saturday and yesterday was beach volleyball. So we rounded up some Japanese students that were close by and spent a couple of hours playing, getting to know them and sharing our faith. They were lovely and they might even come by again next week. Last night we all went for a coffee and I met some new people, a Liverpool fan in fact. We had a bit of a slag and then talked about where we could watch the big game on Sunday....

On tuesday we leave for Byron Bay. It will be a full week of lectures and other activities but should also be a great opportunity to meet some new folk. Three other DTS bases will all be there too so I am excited about that.

Anyway no other updates but be sure to keep me posted on any news from home, like if Enda Kenny has burned the country to the ground yet, if Galway beat Cork or the Bank of Ireland executives get a change of heart and donate all their bonuses to charity. You see, I do read news occasionally!

You stay Classy, Ireland!

No comments:

Post a Comment