Thursday, April 23, 2009

Romania


This summer, I shall be returning to Romania to once again work with an organisation called Samaritans Purse. This shall be my fourth venture with Samaritans Purse and since its been almost 4 years since my last trip to Romania, I am full of excitement and anticipation at how God is going to challenge and use me during the two weeks. We leave on the 23rd of June and return on the fifth of July. Samaritans Purse Ireland partners with Ecce Homo - a Christian based Romanian social care organisation.
Romania has a population of 22.3 million and of that 29% are below the poverty line. The work that I will be involved in is a summer camp, which will take under privileged children for a fun couple of weeks in the Romanian mountains. The picture attached is a place we visited on a previous trip, where some of the children on the camp lived. Please bring these children before the Lord in prayer and pray that God will reveal himself to them in the midst of their difficult circumstances.

No comments:

Post a Comment