Wednesday, April 13, 2016

My first day in LA

No one filled out a card! No one was saved and no one was healed!!

I want to encourage those of you that felt worn out and beat down yesterday because your own stepping out and evangelising didn't quite have the success rate you were hoping for.

Let me first be clear. My group as a whole was amazing and had a very high success rate, seeing lots of fruit from their evangelising. They were on fire but personally when I shared I felt people were not interested and I even experienced some pretty strong opposition to what I was sharing. There is a temptation for us to forget our identity in this moment and fall into comparison, or wonder why our techniques aren't as effective! Am I not qualified for this? Am I bad at sharing the gospel message? What a crock of lies from the enemy!!

After a pretty difficult day the Holy Spirit reminded me that just because I came back to the church with a bag full of leaflets, it didn't make me any less successful than those that distributed all theirs. How do you measure success?

In 1 Corinthians 3 Paul says he planted seed, Apollos watered it but it was God that made it grow. I planted some seed into some very hard soil yesterday but that's what I am called to do. I don't need to see the fruit. The fruit is not my responsibility but God's. He called me to minister to some hard ground yesterday and I was obedient. Were you obedient to the prompting of the Holy Spirit? Did you step out and speak life into people?

It's wonderful to read all the wonderful testimonies of healing, salvation and deliverance but if you were obedient to the voice of the Holy Spirit and even then experienced no fruit, you had a successful day. Remember that your Father is proud of you and everyone that acknowledges Jesus before men, he will acknowledge you before His Father (Matt 10:32).
Bless you all,
Paul.

No comments:

Post a Comment